- FRANKLY FARACI takes faith-based entertainment to a new level
- Tim Timmerman: Hope of America #TimTimmerman
- Remember Jenna Kim Jones from MEET THE MORMONS? Check out her podcast.
- New film “Love Everlasting” starring LDS model Lucky Blue Smith premiering Feb. 9!
- Studio C gets candid with Dove Channel, Deseret News, LDS S.M.I.L.E., and LDS Daily
- Donny Osmond a villain? You’ve got to see this . . .
- Disney’s Moana – How Far I’ll Go – Official “In Real Life” music video from WORKING WITH LEMONS
- BYUtv’s Relative Race: Racing to Find Your Relatives While Tugging at Your Heartstrings
- #RandomActsTV uplifts and inspires at its Season Two Premiere! #1000RandomActs
- Nearly 5 Million Moms Follow These 5 Bloggers—Discover the Secret to These LDS Bloggers’ Success on Frankly Faraci
- BYUtv’s (and Orson Scott Card’s) Extinct premieres on October 1! #ExtinctTV
- Extinct: watch the latest from Orson Scott Card on BYUtv!
- Cedar Breaks® Band Music Building Religious and Cultural Bridges
- The Other Side of Heaven 2: Elder Groberg discusses why he’s grateful he answered President Monson’s call to write the books
- VIDEO: The Other Side of Heaven 2: Fire of Faith in theaters this June!
- VIDEO: One Voice Children’s Choir sings “Love At Home” for the major motion picture #OtherSideOfHeaven2 #FireOfFaith with sneak peek scenes from the movie!
- #GeneralConference + BYUtv = a winning combination
As Dove Channel continues through Season One of its first original series, Frankly Faraci, a show focused on faithful people doing extraordinary things, host Matthew Faraci turns the conversation this week to Mom Bloggers. Interviewing five women who have created successful blogs, the show uncovers the secrets of how they created their blogs and built their audiences, what drives them, and how their blogs affect their families and their faith.
“Nobody knows who these women are, except the nearly five million moms who hang on to their every word. In that sense, they’re beyond celebrities, they are a part of so many people’s daily lives,” said Matthew Faraci, host of Frankly Faraci. “We wanted to know how they got to where they are, what advice they have for others with similar goals, and what it’s like to wield such massive influence by composing a post on your phone.”
Viewers will meet Jordan Page of FunCheaporFree, Missy Smith of HowDoesShe, Allison Czarnecki of PetitElefant, Carrian Cheney of OhSweetBasil, and Jill Nystul of OneGoodThingbyJillee.
–On the inspiration behind the blog: “We went on a vacation and had a really wonderful time and got really inspired by the food there and came home feeling like we need to get in the kitchen more. We discovered that it wasn’t at all about the food, it was about the hands that created it, it was about us being together.” –Carrian Cheney
–On why their blogs have succeeded: “They all have excellent content. And that’s what people are looking for. They want really good content. And if you give that to them, they’re going to keep coming back for more.” –Jill Nystul
–On how their faith inspires their blogs: “I feel like the more we brought in, things of more inspiration, things of more depth, started talking about harder issues and being able to relate with what other women are going through. That’s when I’ve gotten my most fulfillment from the blog. And I feel like people started connecting with us more. I love being able to maybe be an answer to someone’s prayer or just getting content out there that can inspire and help somebody.” –Missy Smith
–On what not to call them: “Mommy Blogger. It’s so degrading to have a male ad guy who’s 25 call me a mommy blogger. There are two people who get to call me mommy and I gave birth to both of them.” –Allison Czarnecki, who prefers to be labeled as a “blogger”