- FREE Book of Mormon Reading Schedule for Come, Follow Me 2020
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: Book of Mormon Lesson 1: December 30–January 5 “Another Testament of Jesus Christ” Title page of the Book of Mormon; Introduction to the Book of Mormon; The Testimony of Three Witnesses; The Testimony of Eight Witnesses; The Testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: Book of Mormon Lesson 2: January 6–12 “I Will Go and Do” 1 Nephi 1-7
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: Book of Mormon Lesson 3: January 13–19 “Come and Partake of the Fruit” 1 Nephi 8-10
- FREE EXCLUSIVE: Download the Book of Mormon redaction chart to show the structure of the golden plates
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: January 20–26 “Armed with Righteousness and with the Power of God” 1 Nephi 11-15
- Lego Lehi’s Tree of Life shows: post and images from a mom show how one dad teaches the #ComeFollowMe lessons in a way his sons will understand and engage
- The Significance of the Great and Spacious Building from Lehi’s Dream in the Book of Mormon (h/t Book of Mormon Central)
- What did the E.B. Grandin acorn Book of Mormon printing press look like and how did it work?
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: January 27–February 2 “I Will Prepare the Way Before You” 1 Nephi 16-22
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: February 3–9 “We Lived after the Manner of Happiness” 2 Nephi 1-5
- Journey Of Faith – Book of Mormon Documentary
- Did Lehi and Sariah have daughters that married the sons of Ishmael?
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: February 10–16 “O How Great the Plan of Our God!” 2 Nephi 6-10
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: February 17–23 “We Rejoice in Christ” 2 Nephi 11-25
- QUESTION: Why Did Nephi’s “Fine Steel” Bow Break? (h/t Book of Mormon Central)
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: February 24–March 1 “A Marvelous Work and a Wonder” 2 Nephi 26-30
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: March 2–8 “This Is the Way” 2 Nephi 31-33
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: March 9–15 Be Reconciled unto God through the Atonement of Christ Jacob 1-4
- Don’t Miss This Come Follow Me – March 16-22 Jacob 5-7 “The Lord Labors with Us”
- Don’t Miss This Come Follow Me – March 23-29 Enos – Words of Mormon “He Works in Me to Do His Will”
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: March 23–29 He Works in Me to Do His Will Enos–Words of Mormon
- Don’t Miss This Come Follow Me – April 13-19 Mosiah 1-3 “Filled with Love Towards God and All Men”
- VIDEO: Don’t Miss This Come Follow Me – April 20-26 Mosiah 4-6 “A Mighty Change”
- Book of Mormon Central: Come Follow Me Insights for Mosiah 7-10 (April 27-May 3)
- VIDEO: Join us for a LIVE #ComeFollowMe discussion! Mosiah 4–6; “A Mighty Change” April 20–26 with Mormon News Report
- Don’t Miss This Come Follow Me – May 11-17 Mosiah 18-24 “We Have Entered Into a Covenant with Him”
- #ComeFollowMe Live with Mormon News Report! Mosiah 11–17 “A Light … That Can Never Be Darkened” Come Follow Me
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: Book of Mormon Lesson 19: May 11–17 Mosiah 18-24 We Have Entered into a Covenant with Him
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: Book of Mormon Lesson 20: May 18–24 “They Were Called the People of God” Mosiah 25-28
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: Book of Mormon Lesson 21: May 25–31 “They Were Steadfast and Immovable” Mosiah 29-Alma 4
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS — Book of Mormon Lesson 22: June 1–7 “Have Ye Experienced This Mighty Change in Your Hearts?” Alma 5-7
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS — Book of Mormon Lesson 23: June 8–14 Jesus Christ Will Come to Redeem His People Alma 8-12
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS — Book of Mormon Lesson 24: June 15-21 Alma 13-16 “Enter into the Rest of the Lord”
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS — Book of Mormon Lesson 25: June 22–28 “I Will Make an Instrument of Thee” Alma 17–22
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS — Book of Mormon Lesson 26: June 29–July 5 They “Never Did Fall Away” Alma 23-29
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS — Book of Mormon Lesson 27: July 6–12 “The Virtue of the Word of God” Alma 30-31
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS — Book of Mormon Lesson 28: July 13–19 “Plant This Word in Your Hearts” Alma 32-35
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS — Book of Mormon Lesson 29: July 20–26 “Look to God and Live” Alma 36-38
- VIDEO: #ComeFollowMe LIVE with Mormon News Report Alma 39–42 “The Great Plan of Happiness”
- VIDEO: #ComeFollowMe LIVE with Mormon News Report: Alma 43–52 “Stand Fast in the Faith of Christ”
- VIDEO: COME FOLLOW ME (INSIGHTS INTO ALMA ALMA 53-63, AUGUST 10-16) WITH TAYLOR AND TYLER FROM BOOK OF MORMON CENTRAL
- VIDEO: #COMEFOLLOWME WITH Don’t Miss This — Alma 53–63: “Preserved by His Marvelous Power” (BOOK OF MORMON CENTRAL) August 10–16
- VIDEO: #ComeFollowMe LIVE with Mormon News Report: ⚡? Helaman 1–6 “The Rock of Our Redeemer” ?
- #ComeFollowMe with Living Scriptures: Come, Follow Me Book of Mormon Lesson 34: August 24–30 “Remember the Lord” Helaman 7-12
- ⚡ #ComeFollowMe LIVE with Mormon News Report: ? “Remember the Lord” Helaman 7-12 ?
- VIDEO: COME FOLLOW ME FROM BOOK OF MORMON CENTRAL (INSIGHTS INTO Ether 1-5 November 9-15) WITH TAYLOR AND TYLER | #COMEFOLLOWME
- VIDEO: VIDEO: COME FOLLOW ME WITH LIVING SCRIPTURES: ETHER 6-11 | #COMEFOLLOWME
- VIDEO: Book of Mormon Central Come Follow Me (Insights into Moroni 10, December 14-20) with Taylor and Tyler | #ComeFollowMe
- VIDEO: Don’t Miss This Come Follow Me (Moroni 10, December 14-20) with Emily Freeman and David Butler | #ComeFollowMe
- VIDEO: Come, Follow Me Book of Mormon with Living Scriptures: December 14–20 “Come unto Christ, and Be Perfected in Him” Moroni 10
Official Lessons (lesson materials from ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary
Mormon News Report
Interpreter Foundation Resources
Alma 30: Korihor, the anti-Christ, ridicules Christ, the Atonement, and the spirit of prophecy—He teaches that there is no God, no fall of man, no penalty for sin, and no Christ—Alma testifies that Christ will come and that all things denote there is a God—Korihor demands a sign and is struck dumb—The devil had appeared to Korihor as an angel and taught him what to say—Korihor is trodden down and dies. About 76–74 B.C.
Alma 31: Alma heads a mission to reclaim the apostate Zoramites—The Zoramites deny Christ, believe in a false concept of election, and worship with set prayers—The missionaries are filled with the Holy Spirit—Their afflictions are swallowed up in the joy of Christ. About 74 B.C.
Come Follow Me – July 6-12
Alma 30-31 “The Virtue of the Word of God”
Book of Mormon Central
Alma counters Korihor’s philosophy by logic and by an appeal to the power of God’s word.
“Countering Korihor’s Philosophy,” Gerald N. Lund, Ensign, July 1992
Lund approaches the story of Korihor from a philosophical angle in this Ensign article. He explains various fields of philosophy and shows how those different philosophies come out in Korihor’s theology. He also uses this discussion as a springboard into how we see these same philosophies at work in the world today, and how one can stay faithful in the gospel.
Chart 122: “Three Diverse Opponents of the Nephites” Charting the Book of Mormon
A chart summarizing the philosophies of Sherem, Nehor, and Korihor.
“An Anti-Christ in the Book of Mormon–The Face May Be Strange, but the Voice Is Familiar,” Gerald N. Lund, The Book of Mormon: Alma, the Testimony of the Word
Korihor’s teachings start with an epistemology based on strong empiricism, and perhaps Mormon included this section on an anti-Christ specifically for our benefit.
“The Trial of Korihor,” John W. Welch, Legal Cases in the Book of Mormon
The story of Korihor may be initially confusing for some readers, because it seems that Korihor is wrongfully being denied his freedom of speech when he is convicted. However, the trial of Korihor aligns well with ancient Israelite legal practices.
“Comparing Sherem, Nehor, and Korihor,” John W. Welch, Legal Cases in the Book of Mormon
Although the cases of Sherem, Nehor, and Korihor share certain features with one another, these three actions involving Nephite dissenters have less in common than one might assume.
“Cursing a Litigant with Speechlessness,” John W. Welch, Pressing Forward with the Book of Mormon: The FARMS Updates of the 1990s
The story of Korihor finds resonance with not only Mesoamerican culture, but also Greek culture.
“‘All Things Denote There is a God’: Seeing Christ in the Creation,” Bruce A. Roundy, Robert J. Norman, Religious Educator 6, no. 2
Using Alma 30:44 as a springboard, the authors dive into a discussion on how all things in the earth and in nature can be seen symbolically in testifying of God. Through the symbols of rocks, light, water, and vegetation, one can see how God has employed these powerful images throughout scripture to testify of his greatness and glory.
“Notes on Korihor and Language,” Robert E. Clark, Pressing Forward with the Book of Mormon: The FARMS Updates of the 1990s
Korihor artfully uses language to not declare what he believes as truth, but rather to epistomologically tear down the arguments of Alma.
“Nephite Insights into Israelite Worship Practices before the Babylonian Captivity,” A. Keith Thompson, Interpreter: A Journal of Mormon Scripture 3
The Book of Mormon speaks of synagogues, sanctuaries, and places of worship in a manner which suggests that Lehi and his party brought some form of synagogal worship with them when they left Jerusalem around 600 BC.
“The Zoramites and Costly Apparel: Symbolism and Irony,” Shon Hopkin, Parrish Brady, Journal of Book of Mormon Studies 22, no. 1
The Zoramite narratives of Alma 31–35 and Alma 43–44 are richly symbolic accounts woven with many subtle details regarding the importance of costly apparel and riches as an outward evidence of pride. This literary analysis focuses on how Mormon as editor structured the Zoramite narrative and used clothing as a metaphor to show the dangers of pride and the blessings afforded by humble adherence to God’s teachings and covenants.