- FREE Book of Mormon Reading Schedule for Come, Follow Me 2020
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: Book of Mormon Lesson 1: December 30–January 5 “Another Testament of Jesus Christ” Title page of the Book of Mormon; Introduction to the Book of Mormon; The Testimony of Three Witnesses; The Testimony of Eight Witnesses; The Testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: Book of Mormon Lesson 2: January 6–12 “I Will Go and Do” 1 Nephi 1-7
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: Book of Mormon Lesson 3: January 13–19 “Come and Partake of the Fruit” 1 Nephi 8-10
- FREE EXCLUSIVE: Download the Book of Mormon redaction chart to show the structure of the golden plates
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: January 20–26 “Armed with Righteousness and with the Power of God” 1 Nephi 11-15
- Lego Lehi’s Tree of Life shows: post and images from a mom show how one dad teaches the #ComeFollowMe lessons in a way his sons will understand and engage
- The Significance of the Great and Spacious Building from Lehi’s Dream in the Book of Mormon (h/t Book of Mormon Central)
- What did the E.B. Grandin acorn Book of Mormon printing press look like and how did it work?
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: January 27–February 2 “I Will Prepare the Way Before You” 1 Nephi 16-22
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: February 3–9 “We Lived after the Manner of Happiness” 2 Nephi 1-5
- Journey Of Faith – Book of Mormon Documentary
- Did Lehi and Sariah have daughters that married the sons of Ishmael?
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: February 10–16 “O How Great the Plan of Our God!” 2 Nephi 6-10
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: February 17–23 “We Rejoice in Christ” 2 Nephi 11-25
- QUESTION: Why Did Nephi’s “Fine Steel” Bow Break? (h/t Book of Mormon Central)
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: February 24–March 1 “A Marvelous Work and a Wonder” 2 Nephi 26-30
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: March 2–8 “This Is the Way” 2 Nephi 31-33
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: March 9–15 Be Reconciled unto God through the Atonement of Christ Jacob 1-4
- Don’t Miss This Come Follow Me – March 16-22 Jacob 5-7 “The Lord Labors with Us”
- Don’t Miss This Come Follow Me – March 23-29 Enos – Words of Mormon “He Works in Me to Do His Will”
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: March 23–29 He Works in Me to Do His Will Enos–Words of Mormon
- Don’t Miss This Come Follow Me – April 13-19 Mosiah 1-3 “Filled with Love Towards God and All Men”
- VIDEO: Don’t Miss This Come Follow Me – April 20-26 Mosiah 4-6 “A Mighty Change”
- Book of Mormon Central: Come Follow Me Insights for Mosiah 7-10 (April 27-May 3)
- VIDEO: Join us for a LIVE #ComeFollowMe discussion! Mosiah 4–6; “A Mighty Change” April 20–26 with Mormon News Report
- Don’t Miss This Come Follow Me – May 11-17 Mosiah 18-24 “We Have Entered Into a Covenant with Him”
- #ComeFollowMe Live with Mormon News Report! Mosiah 11–17 “A Light … That Can Never Be Darkened” Come Follow Me
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: Book of Mormon Lesson 19: May 11–17 Mosiah 18-24 We Have Entered into a Covenant with Him
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: Book of Mormon Lesson 20: May 18–24 “They Were Called the People of God” Mosiah 25-28
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS: Book of Mormon Lesson 21: May 25–31 “They Were Steadfast and Immovable” Mosiah 29-Alma 4
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS — Book of Mormon Lesson 22: June 1–7 “Have Ye Experienced This Mighty Change in Your Hearts?” Alma 5-7
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS — Book of Mormon Lesson 23: June 8–14 Jesus Christ Will Come to Redeem His People Alma 8-12
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS — Book of Mormon Lesson 24: June 15-21 Alma 13-16 “Enter into the Rest of the Lord”
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS — Book of Mormon Lesson 25: June 22–28 “I Will Make an Instrument of Thee” Alma 17–22
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS — Book of Mormon Lesson 26: June 29–July 5 They “Never Did Fall Away” Alma 23-29
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS — Book of Mormon Lesson 27: July 6–12 “The Virtue of the Word of God” Alma 30-31
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS — Book of Mormon Lesson 28: July 13–19 “Plant This Word in Your Hearts” Alma 32-35
- COME, FOLLOW ME LESSON AIDS — Book of Mormon Lesson 29: July 20–26 “Look to God and Live” Alma 36-38
- VIDEO: #ComeFollowMe LIVE with Mormon News Report Alma 39–42 “The Great Plan of Happiness”
- VIDEO: #ComeFollowMe LIVE with Mormon News Report: Alma 43–52 “Stand Fast in the Faith of Christ”
- VIDEO: COME FOLLOW ME (INSIGHTS INTO ALMA ALMA 53-63, AUGUST 10-16) WITH TAYLOR AND TYLER FROM BOOK OF MORMON CENTRAL
- VIDEO: #COMEFOLLOWME WITH Don’t Miss This — Alma 53–63: “Preserved by His Marvelous Power” (BOOK OF MORMON CENTRAL) August 10–16
- VIDEO: #ComeFollowMe LIVE with Mormon News Report: ⚡? Helaman 1–6 “The Rock of Our Redeemer” ?
- #ComeFollowMe with Living Scriptures: Come, Follow Me Book of Mormon Lesson 34: August 24–30 “Remember the Lord” Helaman 7-12
- ⚡ #ComeFollowMe LIVE with Mormon News Report: ? “Remember the Lord” Helaman 7-12 ?
- VIDEO: COME FOLLOW ME FROM BOOK OF MORMON CENTRAL (INSIGHTS INTO Ether 1-5 November 9-15) WITH TAYLOR AND TYLER | #COMEFOLLOWME
- VIDEO: VIDEO: COME FOLLOW ME WITH LIVING SCRIPTURES: ETHER 6-11 | #COMEFOLLOWME
- VIDEO: Book of Mormon Central Come Follow Me (Insights into Moroni 10, December 14-20) with Taylor and Tyler | #ComeFollowMe
- VIDEO: Don’t Miss This Come Follow Me (Moroni 10, December 14-20) with Emily Freeman and David Butler | #ComeFollowMe
- VIDEO: Come, Follow Me Book of Mormon with Living Scriptures: December 14–20 “Come unto Christ, and Be Perfected in Him” Moroni 10
I seriously want to see what your “Hell Shaker” T- shirt would look like!?
Fortunately I Scripture Journal…so on my tabs, beneath ALMA, I added “the Book of Heroes”. 🙂
Time Stamps: 00:00 Welcome 01:51 Intro to Alma 53-63 05:45 See the Board 05:50 Hero of the Week: The 2060 Stripling Warriors 06:32 Recap from last week and Intro to Alma 53 08:17 Alma 53, verse 2 09:03 Cross Reference Alma 48, verses 18-19 10:17 David’s reflections on being part of a group 11:21 Alma 53, verse 9 12:45 Recap of the Anti-Nephi-Lehies 13:31 Alma 53, verses 11-13 14:19 Recap of Helaman 14:49 Alma 53, verses 14-15 15:09 Background on the 2060 Stripling Warriors 16:05 Alma 53, verse 16 17:58 Alma 53, verse 19 20:53 Alma 56, verse 44 21:25 Excerpts from President and Sister Nelson’s Youth Battalion Challenge https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/broadcasts/worldwide-devotional-for-young-adults/2018/06/hope-of-israel?lang=eng 23:25 Emily’s story of students passing notes at school 24:47 Emily’s story of her parents serving as mission presidents (Alma 53, verse 20) 26:05 Valiance vs Apathy 26:35 Adjectives that describe the Stripling Warriors (Alma 53, verses 17-21 and Alma 57, verse 27) 28:20 Who Were the Parents? 28:50 Study Tip: Cross Reference Alma 23 29:24 Fathers: Alma 56, verse 27 32:01 Mothers: Alma 56, verse 47 and Alma 57, verse 21 35:33 Covenant-Keeping Fathers + Righteous Mothers = Stripling Warriors 35:47 Why Will They Win? 36:36 Alma 56, verse 16 37:36 Alma 56, verse 5 (Chose a Righteous Leader) 37:53 Alma 56, verses 27-29 (Support of their Fathers) 38:04 Alma 56, verses 47-48 (Learned from Righteous Mothers) 38:12 Alma 57, verses 25-26 (According to the Goodness of God) 39:51 Alma 57, verses 35-36 (Two Types of Deliverance) 40:43 Alma 56, verse 6 (Addition of 60…MMLX!) 42:43 Who is Missing? 43:35 Emily’s story of teaching Dakota 48:24 Back to Alma 57, verse 25 48:53 Conclusion of the Summer of Heroes/Winter of Warriors 49:29 Alma 62, verse 43 50:12 Battle Ready Challenge: Who is Missing? (Alma 57:6) 51:10 One Hero
BWAHAHA! I am so happy David calls Ammoron “A moron”! Whenever we start reading these chapters as a family we have lots of giggles because that’s how we all say it. And yep, I am the mom who is encouraging it (sorry, Emily ?).
My heart was so incredibly touched. I wonder “where is Dakota?”
David you always start with, “You all”. I love it. We love Texans! ❤️ All of my five sons were raised in Tx and two of them were born there. I am sorry that you are coming to end of, The Summer of Hero’s. It has been an awesome summer. I have enjoyed it! Thank you following the spirit and binging the light of Christ in my home. I love you both!!!! ??????????????⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️????????????
That was such a beautiful not to leave you. Beautiful story.
Thank you for your closing comment, “Jesus is the real Hero, and the only reason any of us win battles.” This is so true. I Love studying with the two of you.
When listening to the sweet Dakota story, I was struck by the beauty of the salutation, “Sister”. That note of gratitude from Dakota demonstrates the power of being a “sister” or “brother” to all ages – especially our youth!! Thank you for sharing this story, Sister Freeman. ❤️
So, as Emily and David were speaking of getting little army men to represent the different groups I wanted to jump into their video and say, “Hey my husband did that exact thing several years ago when he taught gospel doctrine class!” He used magnets to attach them to the board. It was great!
Oh my goodness we HAVE TO find Dakota!!!!!!
Loved this so much. I REALLY want to know where Dakota is now and what his story has been since that seminary day
Oh you two make me laugh (and cry and feel the Spirit too!!) – Enjoy those Dr Peppers David!! ? and thank you both for the time you spend teaching us!!! ?
Yass!! You know the word 동기- dongi. I served in Korea 10 years ago. Even though I don’t talk to my dongi very often anymore because we’ve got families, it’s like this connection that we have. And we call each other each other’s dongi
So grateful for your teaching, Emily and David! The story of Dakota brought tears to my eyes. What wonderful kids to think to invite him! What I love most about your teaching is how 100% Christ-centered it is!!! Thank you for always bringing us back to the Savior.
Thank you so much for the summer of heroes!! It was so fun. I was able to get the bracelet for my primary class. Also printed out the hero sheet. And sent them the information each week. Have a great week!!
God bless Dakota, I know he is in his hands wherever he is. <3
Best map – Book of Mormon Central and their supplement , Scripture Plus.
Dakota’s the hero this week
Emily – your statement today reminded me of this quote that I LOVED from @LiveFromSnackTime “I have a lot to say, maybe you should make some popcorn.” – anonymous – 6 years old
Love the Take Five weekly ideas I’ve been keeping these for future study next time we do Book of Mormon. Wonder if you could resend the past two with corrected Heroes. Thanks!
You two are awesome, thank you for having such love for teaching the Gospel.
Oh David, it makes me so sad to think you could have had a bad week. Next time that happens please think of me and the huge difference you have made in my life and the strength of my testimony. Battle on!
Wow…the story about Dakota. Thank you for sharing and reminding us all to look around and see who’s missing! ?
YEAAAA,,,,MAPS!!! yes please, love to actually “see” where everybody was…thanks
Thank guys ? for the lessons today and I enjoyed it. Be blessed and be safe amen.
great week!!! but does anyone else now need to know who’s phone number that is? lol
Here in Victoria Australia ?? Its very cold, but in lockdown by the heater watching David & Emily after having sacrament with only three of us, this helps to make my Sunday perfect ! ThankYou. ?????
For my fellow scripture journaling fanatics…I hope this is the right video for this comment…Emily mentioned a talk on the perimeters of war…something to watch for. I am just wondering if the word the Stake President was thinking of was Parameter? Which has a slightly different meaning (a limit that affects how something can be done) I find these “parameters”: 1. Accountability Alma 43: 3 2. Commandments of God Alma 43:47, 46:23 3. Covenants Alma: 43:13, 45:15 4. Faith Alma 44:4–5, 48:7 5. Gratitude Alma 44:5, 48:12 6. Inspiration Alma 43:45, 48 7. Prayer Alma 43:49 8. Prepare Alma 43:9, 19, 26 9. Preach 43:2 10. Revelation Alma 43:2, 23 11. Prophecy Alma 43:2, 24 12. Plan Alma 43:30 13. Duty 43:17, 46
not sure who’s phone number is on the chalk board, but you may want to black that out
No hero this week?