- Do you remember President Thomas S. Monson’s 3 recommendations for Christmas reading?
- #LIGHTtheWORLD Christmas activities for Primary-aged children
- David Archuleta’s MY LITTLE PRAYER helps #LightTheWorld with goodness
- Monica Scott’s children’s Christmas song “Prince of Peace” for #LightTheWorld
- VIDEO: The Christ Child: A Nativity Story | #LightTheWorld #TheChristChild
- #LightTheWorld 2019: An overview of the full initiative (including #GivingMachines)
- VIDEO: Home Evening Lesson for #TheChristChild #LightTheWorld 2019
- The Orem University Mall #LightTheWorld Giving Machines are open! #GivingMachines
- PODCAST: #LightTheWorld Listen, Learn, and Love podcast with Richard Ostler
- The @ProxyGivingMachines join the #LightTheWorld movement
- VIDEO: “This Is How We Bingham” visits the #GivingMachines and helps to #LightTheWorld
- VIDEO: Silent Night/What Child is This — Halee Crowther & Yahosh Bonner #LightTheWorld
- VIDEO: O Gladsome Light – GENTRI / Lyceum Philharmonic at American Heritage School #LIGHTtheWORLD
- VIDEO: Light the World 2019 Video Carousel (Africa Area)
- VIDEO: Rifftide and 13 other Latter-day Saint artists collaborate on HYMN OF CHRISTMAS to help #LightTheWorld
- VIDEO: What Child Is This? – The Tabernacle Choir with Kristin Chenoweth
- 2019 First Presidency Christmas Devotional — December 8, 2019 #LightTheWorld
- #LightTheWorld: Share a scripture with a friend or a loved one who may need a boost today
- BYU Vocal Point and the One Voice Children’s Choir surprises guests at the opening of the Orem, UT Giving Machines with an a cappella performance of “Joy to the World”
- President Russell M. Nelson sings “Silent Night” with 7-Year-Old Latter-day Saint musical phenom Claire Crosby to help #LightTheWorld
- LIVE tour of the Giving Machines and Christmas lights on Temple Square!
- A Christmas Shepherd’s Story | Pretty Piano Medley Behind Narrated Story of the First Christmas
- How the Philippines always excels in the #LightTheWorld initiative
- VIDEO: 4 “must-see” hard-to-find Church Christmas videos
- VIDEO: Luke 2: The Christmas Story – Read by Children (Tabernacle Choir) #LightTheWorld
- #LightTheWorld Giving Machines total nearly $6.3 million in donations for charities
- Highlights of the 2019 Light the World Giving Machines Initiative (Philippines)
- VIDEO: Hi 5 Live #LIGHTtheWORLD VIRTUAL KICKOFF with Steve Young, The Bonner Family, Nashville Tribute Band and host Brother Kori Andrews
Each of us has a light we can add to the Light of Christ. Please help us #LIGHTtheWORLD by tagging and sharing this video with those you love.
A special thank you to GENTRI (see https://gentrimusic.com) for giving these youth this amazing opportunity. The students you see and hear in this video come from schools across Utah to American Heritage School be a part of the Lyceum Youth Orchestras after-school music program. There are 6 ensembles of different ages and abilities, see http://lovemusicmore.com/
O Gladsome Light, Phos Hilaron (Greek), Lumen Hilare (Latin) is one of the oldest known Christian Hymns, dating back to 200-300 AD. At that time in Jerusalem, a lamp was kept perpetually burning in the empty tomb of Christ, its glow a symbol of the living light of Jesus. As Christians gathered to worship the hymn was sung and, in a tradition known as the lighting of the lamps, a candle lit from the lamp was brought forth from the tomb, its bright, solitary flame calling the church to celebrate the Risen Lord. The hymn has become part of vespers in the Byzantine Rite, and also included in some modern Anglican and Lutheran liturgies.See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phos_Hi…
A special thanks to the Watkins and Purles families of Alpine Utah for providing the amazing space.