- Do you remember President Thomas S. Monson’s 3 recommendations for Christmas reading?
- #LIGHTtheWORLD Christmas activities for Primary-aged children
- David Archuleta’s MY LITTLE PRAYER helps #LightTheWorld with goodness
- Monica Scott’s children’s Christmas song “Prince of Peace” for #LightTheWorld
- VIDEO: The Christ Child: A Nativity Story | #LightTheWorld #TheChristChild
- #LightTheWorld 2019: An overview of the full initiative (including #GivingMachines)
- VIDEO: Home Evening Lesson for #TheChristChild #LightTheWorld 2019
- The Orem University Mall #LightTheWorld Giving Machines are open! #GivingMachines
- PODCAST: #LightTheWorld Listen, Learn, and Love podcast with Richard Ostler
- The @ProxyGivingMachines join the #LightTheWorld movement
- VIDEO: “This Is How We Bingham” visits the #GivingMachines and helps to #LightTheWorld
- VIDEO: Silent Night/What Child is This — Halee Crowther & Yahosh Bonner #LightTheWorld
- VIDEO: O Gladsome Light – GENTRI / Lyceum Philharmonic at American Heritage School #LIGHTtheWORLD
- VIDEO: Light the World 2019 Video Carousel (Africa Area)
- VIDEO: Rifftide and 13 other Latter-day Saint artists collaborate on HYMN OF CHRISTMAS to help #LightTheWorld
- VIDEO: What Child Is This? – The Tabernacle Choir with Kristin Chenoweth
- 2019 First Presidency Christmas Devotional — December 8, 2019 #LightTheWorld
- #LightTheWorld: Share a scripture with a friend or a loved one who may need a boost today
- BYU Vocal Point and the One Voice Children’s Choir surprises guests at the opening of the Orem, UT Giving Machines with an a cappella performance of “Joy to the World”
- President Russell M. Nelson sings “Silent Night” with 7-Year-Old Latter-day Saint musical phenom Claire Crosby to help #LightTheWorld
- LIVE tour of the Giving Machines and Christmas lights on Temple Square!
- A Christmas Shepherd’s Story | Pretty Piano Medley Behind Narrated Story of the First Christmas
- How the Philippines always excels in the #LightTheWorld initiative
- VIDEO: 4 “must-see” hard-to-find Church Christmas videos
- VIDEO: Luke 2: The Christmas Story – Read by Children (Tabernacle Choir) #LightTheWorld
- #LightTheWorld Giving Machines total nearly $6.3 million in donations for charities
- Highlights of the 2019 Light the World Giving Machines Initiative (Philippines)
- VIDEO: Hi 5 Live #LIGHTtheWORLD VIRTUAL KICKOFF with Steve Young, The Bonner Family, Nashville Tribute Band and host Brother Kori Andrews
David’s latest video is beautiful—from the lyrics to the location (Temple Square in Salt Lake City, UT).
The story behind the video is wonderful.
In David’s own words . . .
Something I try to do to each day is begin by saying a prayer in the morning, and then end my day with a prayer at night. Sometimes, however, I fall asleep before I say my nightly prayer. One time almost a year ago I had one of these nights where I fell asleep before saying a prayer. Something unusual happened.
That night I had a dream. It was different than anything I had experiences before. In my dream I was praying-having a conversation with God. The conversation was also different. I was singing. I could hear simple chords in my dream that I was laying a simple melody and prayer on top of.
As I was having this conversation in music with God, He told me to get up and write this down. I thought and said, “…but… I’m sleeping. I’m not sure I know how to get up from a dream!” He told me “if you don’t get up now, you’ll forget it in the morning.” I tried everything I could to wake up, and I did! There in the middle of the night I went straight to the piano with the words and melody I had spoken in my dream still clear in my head, and wrote it all down. It was the fastest I had ever written a song because I feel this one was given to me.
I’ve sung this song several times this year now and people kept asking where to find it so I felt it would be good to share it during this Holiday season. I hope you enjoy it and find encouragement to begin your own simple and sincere conversations in prayer! #mylittleprayer #prayer #christmas #lighttheworld
David Archuleta—many people respect him for his musical talent (which is truly exceptional), but what I personally like most about him is his humility and how personable he is. Many people let success and “fame” go to their heads. David does not.
On this shoot, David was accompanied by a skeleton crew of filmmakers and others. He had not met many of these people prior to that evening, but he knew their names and remembered them IMMEDIATELY after being introduced. And that includes the Temple Square security guard who accompanied us.
At the end of the shoot, he thanked each one of us individually. And called everyone by name and looked us in the eye.
I was impressed. And I am impressed. He is indeed a person who cares about people, no matter their station in life and what they can or cannot do for him personally or professionally.
In a world that often rewards the self-centered and greedy, it is refreshing to see the good guy win. And David is winning. The world needs more David Archuletas.
Thank you to Gina Orr, Kari Sellards, Ashley Earl, Megan Horn Owen, Benny Sonntag, and Taylor Galbraith. And thank you to that security guard whose name I cannot remember.