During the fourth year of the Light the World initiative and the third year of Giving Machines, nearly $6.3 million was generated for charitable organizations during the December 2019 Light the World campaign.
How many items were sold from the 10 Giving Machines worldwide?
255,814 items were purchased.
What were the top 5 items?
- Three chickens (31,006 transactions)
- 100 polio vaccines (15,132 transactions)
- Take-home meals for a child (12,623 transactions)
- One sheep (10,187 transactions)
- Box of fresh produce (9,730 transactions)
Where were the Giving Machines located?
Giving Machines were located in Gilbert, Arizona; San Jose, California; Denver, Colorado; Laie (Oahu), Hawaii; Las Vegas, Nevada; New York City; Orem and Salt Lake City, Utah; London, England; and Manila, Philippines.
Who were the global partner charities for 2019?
UNICEF, Church World Service, WaterAid, Water For People, and International Medical Corps.