- FREE #LightTheWorld with Love backgrounds for virtual meetings
- #GivingTuesday and the Giving Machines help Kansas City to #LightTheWorld!
- #GivingTuesday moment | Orem Giving Machines make a tender moment for one family . . .
- Don’t live near a Giving Machine but want to donate? Here’s how . . .
- Light the World Giving Machines Debut in NYC’s Rockefeller Center | #LightTheWortld
- VIDEO: Drew Barrymore praises Giving Machines on her show, says she plans to visit with family members | The Drew Barrymore Show
- Get daily FREE text reminders of the #LightTheWorld daily theme
- Dank Drake memes helping to #LightTheWorld and recommend the #GivingMachines
- An entire month about Jesus! (Saints Unscripted)
- #LightTheWorld Day 16 | ✨Christmas Dinners✨ Just like Jesus, you can feed the hungry
- VIDEO: “Let’s Light the World” — The Bonner Family
- ✨From Luke 2 You✨ Remind yourself of the true reason for the season by reading a few passages of the Christmas story from Luke 2 in the Holy Bible. | #LightTheWorld
- ✨Together Time✨ This Christmas, surround yourself with loved ones. Invite as many family members as you can to get together for a virtual hangout | #LightTheWorld
- VIDEO: The Real Reason Behind the Season #LightTheWorld
- VIDEO: The Tabernacle Choir Records 2022 Christmas Concert
- BYU Today: 🎁 Merry Christmas 🎁 from President Worthen
- ✨Gifts from God You can express gratitude like Jesus did. Reflect on the gifts God has given you, and write them down. Share your gratitude with others | #LightTheWorld Day 22
- ✨Treats Times Two✨ Turn one good deed into two. Make two plates of treats. Drop one off to a friend; then give the other to someone your friend suggests | #LightTheWorld
- Podcast: Light The World and Christmas goals with John Dye! | Sharing Time – A Latter Day Saint Culture Podcast
- The #LightTheWorld Giving Machines are back in 2023 with more worldwide locations!
- Travis Kelce and all of Kansas City steps up to #LightTheWorld with the Giving Machines
- Join the #LightTheWorld texting series to get inspired by the examples of service found in the Christmas story
- Illuminating Times Square: #LightTheWorld Giving Machines Spark Joy and Service on #GivingTuesday
In 2023, the Giving Machines will be in 43 cities in the United States and 18 additional cities internationally.
During the upcoming 2023 holiday season, you can actively share the love of Jesus Christ through the Light the World Giving Machines. These charitable vending machines are being sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 61 locations across the globe.
The central theme for this year’s Light the World Christmas campaign is “Let Your Light Shine,” a phrase spoken by the Savior to His disciples.
These Giving Machines offer a unique avenue to spread His message of love and compassion, whether in your own community or in distant lands. When you make a purchase from these machines, you aren’t buying something for yourself; rather, your contribution becomes a heartfelt donation to someone in need.
These Giving Machines offer a wide array of 1,200 distinct items at each location. These items have been carefully selected based on requests from reputable local and international nonprofit organizations. They encompass essential necessities such as meals, groceries, shelter, clothing, healthcare, education, bedding, hygiene kits, job training, and even resources like crops and livestock (including chickens, goats, pigs, ducks, sheep, and beehives).
For those who wish to make a comprehensive contribution, they can enter the code “777” to purchase one of each available item from the machine.
In 2022, the donations made through Giving Machines resulted in remarkable impacts, including 2.2 million meals distributed, 31 million water purification tablets (capable of purifying 3.9 million gallons of water), vaccinations provided for 517,000 children, 41,000 chickens donated, school supplies for 28,000 children, 25,000 ducks distributed, safe shelter provided for 3,400 individuals, scholarships granted to 3,000 children and teenagers, shoes, socks, and warm winter clothing for 35,000 children and adults, 3,800 beehives for beekeeping, and the protection of 459 women and children from further domestic violence or child abuse.
These incredible outcomes showcase the profound impact that simple acts of kindness and generosity can have on individuals and communities in need.
These vending machines offer a unique and memorable way to give by serving and caring for others around the world.
Giving Machines include items such as groceries, fresh water, child vaccines, beds, hygiene kits, farming equipment, medical care, job training, educational supplies, beehives and livestock.
This year, more people than ever can participate as Giving Machines expand to 28 locations.
- Brisbane, Australia
- Calgary, Alberta
- Cebu City, Philippines
- Denver, Colorado
- Glendale, Arizona
- Gilbert, Arizona
- Guatemala City, Guatemala
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Houston, Texas
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Manila, Philippines
- Mexico City, Mexico
- Nashville, Tennessee
- New York City, New York
- Orem, Utah
- Sacramento, California
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Seattle, Washington
- Washington, D.C.
View this post on Instagram
Nashville, Oakland, and Kansas City!
Those are the three new locations for #LightTheWorld Giving Machines across the United States this year!
Organized by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the Giving Machines were absent for the pandemic during the holiday season of 2020, but return in 2021!
At these red, very noticeable kiosk giving machines, you can donate to dozens of local and global charity organizations. Among the 40-plus local charity partners, this year’s global charities include CARE, Church World Service, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, UNICEF and WaterAid.
This year’s initiative is themed “Light The World With Love.”
Beginning at various times in November and running through Jan. 1, the machines will be featured at the following locations:
Las Vegas, Nevada — the Downtown Summerlin Mall, beginning Nov. 3
Nashville, Tennessee — Bridgestone Arena, Nov. 18
Honolulu, Hawaii — Pearlridge Center, Nov. 20
Orem, Utah — University Place, Nov. 23
Salt Lake City, Utah — City Creek Center, Nov. 24
Oakland, California — Temple Hill, Nov. 27
Gilbert, Arizona — Water Tower Plaza, Nov. 29
Denver, Colorado — Writer Square, Nov. 30
Kansas City, Missouri — Crown Center, Nov. 30
New York City, New York — Rockefeller Center, Nov. 30
More information about the Giving Machines and the Light the World initiative will be available at LightTheWorld.org beginning Nov. 18.
With the Giving Machines, changing a life is as easy as pushing a button. See how a simple act of service can help an entire community.
What are the Giving Machines?
Since the launch of the very first Giving Machine in 2017, generous people from all over the world have contributed more than $9.1 million to local and global causes. Every penny raised goes directly to serving those in need.
What is #LightTheWorld?
Since 2016, #LightTheWorld has grown into a global initiative with millions of participants each Christmas. Throughout the holiday season, individuals perform acts of service to show love like Jesus did—with love. Want to join in? Go to http://www.LightTheWorld.org to find ways to give, resources, and more.
How can I help #LightTheWorld this year?
- Find a Giving Machine near you, or visit http://www.LightTheWorld.org to learn how to give in other ways.
- Watch “The Christ Child,” a beautiful short film based on the Nativity story: http://www.TheChristChild.org.
- Meet with missionaries digitally or in person to hear a special Christmas message. Learn more: http://www.ComeUntoChrist.org.
For the past three years, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints celebrates the life of Jesus Christ through the #LightTheWorld initiative.
Last year, we wrote about some of the awesome #LightTheWorld happenings HERE.
This year, the theme for #LightTheWorld is GIVE AS HE GAVE.
Jesus Christ, the Light of the World, spent much of His ministry caring for individuals one-by-one. With a renewed emphasis that President Nelson has put on serving the one, #LightTheWorld is focusing more on WHO we serve as opposed to just HOW we serve.
GIVING MACHINES ARE BACK WITH MORE LOCATIONS!
SM Megamall – Manila, Philippines
Joseph Smith Memorial Building – Salt Lake City, Utah
Downtown Gilbert – Gilbert, Arizona
Manhattan Temple – New York City, New York
Hyde Park Chapel – London, UK
100 percent of your donation will be used for the purchased item or for similar items or services of greater need as determined by the applicable charitable organization. Administrative costs for this initiative and costs associated with its nonprofit partners are covered by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Some of the local and global charity partners include:
Local and global charity partners will be represented in each Giving Machine. All donations will be accounted for by the individual vending machines, with the exact amount purchased going to each charity.
What can you buy? Winter boots and holiday meals, baby supplies, “school in a box,” and goats or chickens for needy local families and those in need around the world.
- Some additional items you can purchase as a donation include:
First Aid Kits