- The #LightTheWorld Giving Machines are back with more worldwide locations!
- FREE #LightTheWorld with Love backgrounds for virtual meetings
- #GivingTuesday and the Giving Machines help Kansas City to #LightTheWorld!
- #GivingTuesday moment | Orem Giving Machines make a tender moment for one family . . .
- Don’t live near a Giving Machine but want to donate? Here’s how . . .
- Light the World Giving Machines Debut in NYC’s Rockefeller Center | #LightTheWortld
- VIDEO: Drew Barrymore praises Giving Machines on her show, says she plans to visit with family members | The Drew Barrymore Show
- Get daily FREE text reminders of the #LightTheWorld daily theme
- Dank Drake memes helping to #LightTheWorld and recommend the #GivingMachines
- An entire month about Jesus! (Saints Unscripted)
- #LightTheWorld Day 16 | ✨Christmas Dinners✨ Just like Jesus, you can feed the hungry
- VIDEO: “Let’s Light the World” — The Bonner Family
- ✨From Luke 2 You✨ Remind yourself of the true reason for the season by reading a few passages of the Christmas story from Luke 2 in the Holy Bible. | #LightTheWorld
- ✨Together Time✨ This Christmas, surround yourself with loved ones. Invite as many family members as you can to get together for a virtual hangout | #LightTheWorld
- VIDEO: The Real Reason Behind the Season #LightTheWorld
- VIDEO: The Tabernacle Choir Records 2022 Christmas Concert
- BYU Today: 🎁 Merry Christmas 🎁 from President Worthen
- ✨Gifts from God You can express gratitude like Jesus did. Reflect on the gifts God has given you, and write them down. Share your gratitude with others | #LightTheWorld Day 22
- ✨Treats Times Two✨ Turn one good deed into two. Make two plates of treats. Drop one off to a friend; then give the other to someone your friend suggests | #LightTheWorld
Nashville, Oakland, and Kansas City!
Those are the three new locations for #LightTheWorld Giving Machines across the United States this year!
Organized by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the Giving Machines were absent for the pandemic during the holiday season of 2020, but return in 2021!
At these red, very noticeable kiosk giving machines, you can donate to dozens of local and global charity organizations. Among the 40-plus local charity partners, this year’s global charities include CARE, Church World Service, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, UNICEF and WaterAid.
This year’s initiative is themed “Light The World With Love.”
Beginning at various times in November and running through Jan. 1, the machines will be featured at the following locations:
Las Vegas, Nevada — the Downtown Summerlin Mall, beginning Nov. 3
Nashville, Tennessee — Bridgestone Arena, Nov. 18
Honolulu, Hawaii — Pearlridge Center, Nov. 20
Orem, Utah — University Place, Nov. 23
Salt Lake City, Utah — City Creek Center, Nov. 24
Oakland, California — Temple Hill, Nov. 27
Gilbert, Arizona — Water Tower Plaza, Nov. 29
Denver, Colorado — Writer Square, Nov. 30
Kansas City, Missouri — Crown Center, Nov. 30
New York City, New York — Rockefeller Center, Nov. 30
More information about the Giving Machines and the Light the World initiative will be available at LightTheWorld.org beginning Nov. 18.
With the Giving Machines, changing a life is as easy as pushing a button. See how a simple act of service can help an entire community.
What are the Giving Machines?
Since the launch of the very first Giving Machine in 2017, generous people from all over the world have contributed more than $9.1 million to local and global causes. Every penny raised goes directly to serving those in need.
What is #LightTheWorld?
Since 2016, #LightTheWorld has grown into a global initiative with millions of participants each Christmas. Throughout the holiday season, individuals perform acts of service to show love like Jesus did—with love. Want to join in? Go to http://www.LightTheWorld.org to find ways to give, resources, and more.
How can I help #LightTheWorld this year?
- Find a Giving Machine near you, or visit http://www.LightTheWorld.org to learn how to give in other ways.
- Watch “The Christ Child,” a beautiful short film based on the Nativity story: http://www.TheChristChild.org.
- Meet with missionaries digitally or in person to hear a special Christmas message. Learn more: http://www.ComeUntoChrist.org.
For the past three years, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints celebrates the life of Jesus Christ through the #LightTheWorld initiative.
Last year, we wrote about some of the awesome #LightTheWorld happenings HERE.
This year, the theme for #LightTheWorld is GIVE AS HE GAVE.
Jesus Christ, the Light of the World, spent much of His ministry caring for individuals one-by-one. With a renewed emphasis that President Nelson has put on serving the one, #LightTheWorld is focusing more on WHO we serve as opposed to just HOW we serve.
GIVING MACHINES ARE BACK WITH MORE LOCATIONS!
Last year, you may remember the GIVING MACHINES that were created to provide an “instant act of service.” In 2017, the #LightTheWorld Giving Machines raised more than $550,000 for local and global charities. Well, the giving machines are back this year in 5 locations!
SM Megamall – Manila, Philippines
Joseph Smith Memorial Building – Salt Lake City, Utah
Downtown Gilbert – Gilbert, Arizona
Manhattan Temple – New York City, New York
Hyde Park Chapel – London, UK
100 percent of your donation will be used for the purchased item or for similar items or services of greater need as determined by the applicable charitable organization. Administrative costs for this initiative and costs associated with its nonprofit partners are covered by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Some of the local and global charity partners include:
Local and global charity partners will be represented in each Giving Machine. All donations will be accounted for by the individual vending machines, with the exact amount purchased going to each charity.
What can you buy? Winter boots and holiday meals, baby supplies, “school in a box,” and goats or chickens for needy local families and those in need around the world.
- Some additional items you can purchase as a donation include:
First Aid Kits