- The #LightTheWorld Giving Machines are back with more worldwide locations!
- FREE #LightTheWorld with Love backgrounds for virtual meetings
- #GivingTuesday and the Giving Machines help Kansas City to #LightTheWorld!
- #GivingTuesday moment | Orem Giving Machines make a tender moment for one family . . .
- Don’t live near a Giving Machine but want to donate? Here’s how . . .
- Light the World Giving Machines Debut in NYC’s Rockefeller Center | #LightTheWortld
- VIDEO: Drew Barrymore praises Giving Machines on her show, says she plans to visit with family members | The Drew Barrymore Show
- Get daily FREE text reminders of the #LightTheWorld daily theme
- Dank Drake memes helping to #LightTheWorld and recommend the #GivingMachines
- An entire month about Jesus! (Saints Unscripted)
- #LightTheWorld Day 16 | ✨Christmas Dinners✨ Just like Jesus, you can feed the hungry
- VIDEO: “Let’s Light the World” — The Bonner Family
- ✨From Luke 2 You✨ Remind yourself of the true reason for the season by reading a few passages of the Christmas story from Luke 2 in the Holy Bible. | #LightTheWorld
- ✨Together Time✨ This Christmas, surround yourself with loved ones. Invite as many family members as you can to get together for a virtual hangout | #LightTheWorld
- VIDEO: The Real Reason Behind the Season #LightTheWorld
- VIDEO: The Tabernacle Choir Records 2022 Christmas Concert
- BYU Today: 🎁 Merry Christmas 🎁 from President Worthen
- ✨Gifts from God You can express gratitude like Jesus did. Reflect on the gifts God has given you, and write them down. Share your gratitude with others | #LightTheWorld Day 22
- ✨Treats Times Two✨ Turn one good deed into two. Make two plates of treats. Drop one off to a friend; then give the other to someone your friend suggests | #LightTheWorld
Well, today is Giving Tuesday. It’s a global day created in 2012 that started with a simple idea of just encouraging people to do some good.
Here’s the good news. There are so many ways you can do good right here at home in Kansas City. Let’s get to Dan Cohen live in Crown Center this morning. One of those ways that you can make a big difference for so many different organizations than a giving vending machine. What a concept.
Yes. Taylor and Lindsay, we’re here right at the base of the ice skating rink at Crown Center with the debut of these giving machines. And joining us this morning, Rebecca Morgan, who has been one of the key event planners for this kind of explain this to us because it really does look like a vending machine.
It actually is a vending machine. The giving machines is a unique and innovative way for people to give. You can swipe your credit card just like you would if you were buying a candy bar. But in this case, you’re making a donation to a charity. You can buy all kinds of different things, like food for people in need, blankets, dental care, all kinds of unique needs that we can meet right here in our community and throughout the world.
And I know that there are ten of these throughout the country. And this is the first year the Kansas City is doing this. And there are local charities right here in our area that are benefiting from this kind of walk us through that part of it.
There are four different local charities that we’ve partnered with to have here in the giving machines. We have Hope Faith Ministries. We have the Hope House. We have Operation Breakthrough, and we have the Don Bosco Center. So all of these charities have really low overhead in terms of the way that they operate. They’re fantastic doing fantastic work and different work for various people in need throughout our community.
And again, just to show you how easy this is, Taylor and Lindsay, I’m going to show you how to donate right now. And again, gifts range from $$5 to $300. We’re going to do one of the $10 gift. So you have the touch screen you punch in the one that you want. So we’re going to do $150 and it cues it right up again, $10 for one box of fresh produce. All you have to do is hit check out and it’s touchless as well. So you can just touch your credit card.
And I promise this is my credit card, not the company’s credit card processing that transaction right now. And it dumps it right down there. You don’t actually get to hang on to it. But once all those gifts are dumped down in the bottom, they’re donated to all of the charities of choosing correct.
100% of the donations go directly to these charities. All of the administrative costs are covered by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. So this goes directly to the charity that you’ve chosen.
Fantastic. Rebecca Morgan joining us this morning. The Giving Machines open officially at noon today and just made it a $10 donation. So one of the first few right here at Crown Center.
Taylor and Lindsay, back to you, Dan. Starting off for Giving Tuesday. Right. I love that you can see what’s accumulated.
How many people have given. Thank you, Dan.
Dan, thanks so much.