Great New Media From the Church
- Frustrated trying to find ancestors who need Temple work done on new.FamilySearch.org? This new video helps you find family who still need work.
- Pres. Monson has recommended reading A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, 2 years in a row. Now you can listen to an awesome dramatization at The Mormon Channel website.
- The For the Strength of Youth pamphlet has been updated and refreshed. It’s available online.
Mormons In World News…
- ESPN’s Rick Reilly had to eat his words and shell out $5k when Jimmer Fredette started his first game and scored 21 points.
- “Mormons” are named a “brand winner” by Inc., for the Church’s response to The Book of Mormon Movie.
Tons of Mobile App Goodness
- The Gospel Library app for iOS devices has been updated with tons of great stuff like playing audio or video of Conference talks in the app, full access to your LDS.org “My Study Notebook” within the app, and integration with the LDS Music app.
- The Gospel Library app for Android devices has been updated with some cool new features including syncing highlights, notes and bookmarks with your LDS.org “My Study Notebook”; more accurate text selection; and better tablet support. If you used our guide to install the Gospel Library on your Kindle Fire, you’ll want to repeat the process to get the latest version.
- The Church just released the the iPad app for their free Bible videos. Plus it’s also available on various other channels such as Roku, iTunes & YouTube.
- The Church is considering the possibility of interactive apps for Ensign and other Church publications. They’ve published a prototype app for iPad and Android Tablets for you to test out and provide them feedback on.
- You may have seen the excellent video The Coat based on a story from Pres. Heber J. Grant’s childhood. Now there’s an app available for both Android Tablets and iPad.
Other Cool Stuff: BioLite and Schemer
- The BioLite CampStove and it’s big brother the HomeStove are coming soon. They’ll make a huge difference for 3rd-world communities, and would also make an awesome addition to your Scout Troop’s equipment stores, your family’s camping gear, or your emergency preparedness and food storage supplies.
- Schemer is a new service from Google that helps you keep track of cool things you’ve done, and discover new ones to make sure you do. The trick to accomplishing a bucket list, is having one. So along with it’s mobile app, Schemer helps you create one and will alert you when you’re near something in your “want to do” list. Use this link (1st 20 people) to get in to the beta. Post your invite link in the comments to help other MLH readers get in when my 20 run out.