This is something I learned from an Elder on my mission. Though, ironically, I didn’t try it till I’d been home for several years. Here’s how it’s done:
- Print the lyrics of a hymn (or a scripture you want to memorize). Make sure it’s small enough that it will fit in a sandwich baggie.
- Put it inside a sandwich baggie (with the opening on the bottom: because the seal is heavier, this keeps it from peeling off as easily).
- Try to get as much air out of it as possible (this step may be repeated once it gets some hot water on it).
- Get the baggie wet and stick it to the back of the shower wall.
- Start singing.
This is a simple way to invite the Spirit as you start your day. Plus, having a store of hymns in your memory has its own power:
“Sometimes you may have difficulty driving off the stage of your mind a certain evil thought. To drive it off, Elder Boyd K. Packer suggests that you sing an inspirational song of Zion or just think of its words” (Think on Christ).
Support MLH with a small donation
Donations help keep MLH going. Enough for a frosted-lemonade (Chick-fil-A) or two, is a big help. Move the slider to select the number of lemonades you'd like to buy us, then click the shopping cart to donate. Huge thanks!
Latest posts by J Washburn (see all)
- Why I Don’t Read the News - 11 November 2015
- DEAR JEFF: Straightforward LDS Temple Prep (99¢ SALE and a FREE PRINT) - 1 April 2014
- Easy and FREE Family Internet Filter (for PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPad, and everything else) - 30 January 2014