- The other light displays that rival Temple Square at Christmas . . .
- Why TEMPLE SQUARE is still the best place in the world for Christmas lights
- The Nashville Tribute Band inspires people on Hi Five Live! #LightTheWorld
- #LightTheWorld in 2018 by joining in the Worldwide Day of Service on December 1!
- #LightTheWorld 2018 calendar: ideas on how you might serve
- #LightTheWorld Home Evening Lesson: Teaching about service
- Ryan Shupe helps to #LightTheWorld by giving away free tickets to those who serve!
- #LightTheWorld 2018 Giving Machine in Manila (Philippines) Launches!
- #Churros4Change event on #GivingTuesday can help #LightTheWorld!
- Remember that one time the New York press picked up the #LightTheWorld Giving Machines
- PIX11 New York: Donate using Giving Machines this holiday season at Lincoln Square ( #LightTheWorld )
- So RED does look good on BYU campus ( but only if it is for #LightTheWorld )
- WORKING WITH LEMONS are back to #LightTheWorld with a great rendition of PEACE IN CHRIST!
- Vlogger Syd McGee is back to #LightTheWorld with some ideas to get everyone onto the Christmas spirit!
- HOME IS WHERE YOU ARE (a new video by Encircle) shows the power of family, regardless of what shape that may take
- Silent Night – Scott & Ryceejo featuring Spark Singers — #LightTheWorld
- “Sunday Jess” shows the unveiling of the Giving Machines to help #LightTheWorld
- AFP news service highlights the #LightTheWorld Giving Machines
- SHOT OF THE YEAGERS visit the Giving Machines to help #LightTheWorld
- Evie Claire helps to #LightTheWorld in Reno, Nevada
- DELTA and Evie Claire create new video called “Kindness Connects Us” — #LightTheWorld
- Samuel and the Star–new animated video from the Church
- Can this Solar Powered LED Change the World? JerryRigEverything helps to #LightTheWorld
- Nashville Tribute Band and Madilyn Paige help to #LightTheWorld at their concerts this December!
- #LightTheWorld Week 2: Light Your Community
- 31 hopeful images from The Atlantic in 2018: You won’t believe #6 (it will #LightTheWorld)
- Madilyn Paige’s “Come Unto Jesus” cover literally helps to #LightTheWorld
- Santa’s LITTLE HELPERS! Shot of the Yeagers help to #LightTheWorld
- CHRISTMAS BREAK-IN, a great new title available at Seagull Book, helps to #LightTheWorld with the Utah Food Bank
- The Top 5 #LightTheWorld calendar and activity ideas for 2018 (+ 2 bonus calendars and ideas)
- The #LightTheWorld Giving Machines have surpassed 1 million dollars in donations!
- Susan Edwards Art joins in the #LightTheWorld movement with a beautiful painting called “Be It Unto Me”
- Special #LightTheWorld Tongan Tabernacle Musical Broadcast — a must see!
- VIDEO: #LightTheWorld Advocates Give Over $2.3 Million Through Vending Machines
- VIDEO: 2019 #LightTheWorld One By One Daily Prompt Calendar
- VIDEO: The Best Christmas Song I’ve Ever Heard. It Will Give You Chills.
Christmas at Temple Square is really magical!
Millions of sparkling colored lights, brilliant nativities, and a light skiff of snow is all it takes to turn the grounds into a Winter Wonderland.
But what about the other light display that rivals Temple Square at Christmas? Well, take a look . . .
LDS.org states that
The Joseph Smith Birthplace Memorial is placed in the hills of Sharon, where the Prophet Joseph Smith was born on December 23, 1805. The memorial is marked by a 38½-foot-tall granite obelisk on a 12-foot base of solid granite. The Church placed the memorial on Joseph’s 100th birthday.
The obelisk itself has one foot of height for each year the Prophet lived. It is currently the tallest polished solid granite obelisk in North America.
The lights and the animal displays are great reminders of the Christmas season—bringing the Christmas spirit and a feeling of joy to visitors. The display will be open each evening throughout December.
What are your favorite locations to see Christmas lights? Tell us in the comments below.
Learn more about various aspects of the Christmas lights on Temple Square here: