Halloween is a great time of year! But ensuring everyone has fun AND stays safe should be a top priority for everyone.
Here are some key points (and fun videos) that bring up points to consider (compliments of #ZeroFatalities Utah)!
- A responsible adult should accompany young children on the neighborhood rounds
- If your older children are going alone, plan and review a route acceptable to you
- Children and adults are reminded to put electronic devices down, keep heads up and walk, don’t run, across the street
- Watch for children walking on roadways, medians and curbs
- Enter and exit driveways and alleys carefully
- At twilight and later in the evening, watch for children in dark clothing
- Discourage new, inexperienced drivers from driving on Halloween