Make your blog cooler tip #1
Okay so people seem to want these sorts of things so I’m going to post the first one. I don’t know how all of you feel but I’m not a fan of the Blogger search bar at the top of Blogs. It doesn’t fit graphically, nor does it offer any valuable functions (unless you want people to be able to search your posts, in that case I recommend adding a search to the sidebar of your blog–because it looks much nicer). So here’s how to remove that ugly search bar at the top of your blog:
1) Go to www.blogger.com, login if you’re not already, & click the “Layout” link on the bottom-right of the white Dashboard area.
2) Now click the “Edit HTML” link just beneath the “Layout” tab.
3) Scroll down in the Edit Template area until you see something that looks similar to this:
Blogger Template Style Sheet
Designer: Todd Dominey
URL: domineydesign.com / whatdoiknow.org
Date: 27 Feb 2004
Updated by: Blogger Team, Tevya Washburn
4) Now copy and paste the following three lines of code (the red part), onto the next line after the above section (hit ENTER to make a new line):
display: none !important;
5) Click the “Save Template” button an viola! The Blogger bar is gone.
6) Let us know if you found this tip useful.
Hey, I want to know how you made your super cool personalized header! My blog’s gonna stay pretty basic for now (my current computer shows everthing in shades of blue, pink, and black, so it’s hard to tell what my page really looks like to other viewers), but when I get my new computer I’d like to vamp it up!
I use Adobe Photoshop, Nancy. Its kinda expensive and has a fairly steep learning curve, but if you’re serious about graphic design and/or photo manipulation, it’s definitely the way to go. There are other, cheaper versions. For example, if you just want to make your photos look cooler, I recommend Google’s Picasa: http://picasa.google.com/ It’s free, easy to use, and very powerful.
I just started blogging and am looking for tips to clean up my blog and make it look really good. I just did this tip and I pretty much screamed after wards! You made my day. It was so easy. Thank you!