Make your blog cooler tip #1
Okay so people seem to want these sorts of things so I’m going to post the first one. I don’t know how all of you feel but I’m not a fan of the Blogger search bar at the top of Blogs. It doesn’t fit graphically, nor does it offer any valuable functions (unless you want people to be able to search your posts, in that case I recommend adding a search to the sidebar of your blog–because it looks much nicer). So here’s how to remove that ugly search bar at the top of your blog:
1) Go to www.blogger.com, login if you’re not already, & click the “Layout” link on the bottom-right of the white Dashboard area.
2) Now click the “Edit HTML” link just beneath the “Layout” tab.
3) Scroll down in the Edit Template area until you see something that looks similar to this:
Blogger Template Style Sheet
Designer: Todd Dominey
URL: domineydesign.com / whatdoiknow.org
Date: 27 Feb 2004
Updated by: Blogger Team, Tevya Washburn
4) Now copy and paste the following three lines of code (the red part), onto the next line after the above section (hit ENTER to make a new line):
display: none !important;
5) Click the “Save Template” button an viola! The Blogger bar is gone.
6) Let us know if you found this tip useful.