VidAngel, the family-friendly streaming app and original content studio, recently announced that it’s series on the life of Christ, called The Chosen, has surged into IMDb’s Top 250 All-time series list. The Chosen joins other prestigious series like Netflix’s The Crown and HBO’s hit series Band of Brothers and Chernobyl as the most highly rated historical dramas. In the days leading up to Easter The Chosen mobile app rocketed to over 100,000 app downloads each day, making it one of the top 20 most downloaded entertainment apps in iOS, surpassing HBO and Vudu in downloads per day.
“More than 300 million Americans are stuck at home, and likely growing tired of the relentless barrage of bad news and stress. The Chosen is a series about hope and inspiration, a show about the Gospels the whole family can celebrate together. We believe that’s why it’s seeing so much interest both here in the US and around the world,” said Neal Harmon, CEO of VidAngel. “We encourage everyone who sees the show to use our pay it forward feature in the app to fund season two and make it possible for millions more to imagine what it might have been like to meet Jesus when he first walked the earth, and to then read the New Testament with a fresh perspective.”
The Chosen, the first ever multi-season series about the life of Christ, has been surpassing expectations and breaking records since its start. It was named the #1
Crowdfunded Media Project when it broke the all-time crowdfunding record for a media project in 2018 by raising over $10 million. The Chosen went on to become the 1st Entertainment Project to be released around the world in 180 countries on its own app. Due to the overwhelming response, and current run rate, it is projected that VidAngel will be able to produce a new season of the series The Chosen per year.
● The Chosen also has a 8.5 user score on IMDb with over 5,000 user reviews, making it the highest rated Faith film project of all time.
● 100% critic score and 99% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes
● The show is being watched in nearly every country on earth
● Audio dubs for the show are available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and
● The Chosen is subtitled in over twenty languages including Spanish, Portuguese,
Polish, Russian, French, and German.
● The show is available to watch for free on The Chosen mobile app. Viewers can
cast the show’s episodes to popular streaming devices like Roku, Apple TV, Fire
TV, Chromecast, etc.
● The Chosen is the first TV series to be launched world-wide without restrictions
to nearly every country on earth simultaneously in its own app.
● Top 250 IMDb: https://www.imdb.com/chart/toptv
● Rotten Tomatoes: https://rb.gy/ymjhmf