The Lord Giveth Wisdom
Proverbs & Ecclesiastes | August 29- September 4
The books of Proverbs and Ecclesiastes are full of inspirational quotes and bits of wisdom that can help us. The book of Proverbs includes many verses about the importance of gaining wisdom and being wise. Many of the Proverbs were written by King Solomon who was known for being a wise king.
Here are a few verses from Proverbs and Ecclesiastes that are often quoted:
- “A soft answer turneth away wrath” (Proverbs 15: 1)
- “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding“ (Proverbs 3:5)
- “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it” (Proverbs 22:6)
- “Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.” (Proverbs 31:10)
- “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven.” (Ecclesiastes 3:1)
- “Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.” (Proverbs 3:13)
Wisdom helps us to make good choices. True wisdom comes from God.
Read and Discuss
“For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.”
- What does it mean to be wise or have wisdom?
- Why is it important to seek wisdom?
- Where can we find wisdom?
- How can the scriptures help us to be wise?
“He that is most pliant and submissive to the will of God shows the greatest wisdom among all men.” Joseph F. SmithGET THE FULL LESSON >
View past lessons & resources on our website.
Proverbs says that wisdom is better than silver and gold and more precious than rubies. Learn more about wisdom from Proverbs in this activity.
Wisdom comes from gaining knowledge and through the Spirit. Make these delicious waffle cookies and use your wisdom to make them taste even better.
Seek the Lord Early, Children’s Songbook page 108