Read and Discuss
3 Nephi 19:28
“Father, I thank thee that thou hast purified those whom I have chosen, because of their faith, and I pray for them, and also for them who shall believe on their words, that they may be purified in me, through faith on their words, even as they are purified in me.”
- Why did Jesus choose twelve disciples when He visited the people in the Americas?
- What were the twelve disciples called to do?
- What authority were the twelve ordained with?
- Who are the twelve apostles today?
- How can we listen to their words?
“The present Twelve are very ordinary people. They are not, as the original Twelve were not, spectacular individually, but collectively the Twelve are a power… They all are students and teachers of the gospel of Jesus Christ. What unites us is our love of the Savior and His Father’s children and our witness that He stands at the head of the Church.” Boyd K. Packer