Preserving the Voice of the Covenant People in the Rising Generation
One of our most sacred responsibilities is to help our children come to know deeply and specifically that Jesus is the Christ.
- The text emphasizes the importance of helping children come to know Jesus Christ deeply and personally. It draws inspiration from a Book of Mormon account where the resurrected Savior blessed and prayed for the children.
- Building a foundation on Jesus Christ is likened to digging deep and removing anything that is not solid. This effort is essential for individuals and families to withstand the storms of life.
- The text shares a cautionary tale from the Book of Mormon where, despite their deeply converted parents, some of the rising generation did not believe or make covenants. It underscores the need for children to own their faith in Christ.
- It encourages parents and Church members to follow the example of Nephi, who talked, rejoiced, preached, and wrote about Christ. The consistent effort to teach children about Christ is emphasized.
- Feasting on the scriptures, discussing them with family, and having regular gospel conversations are encouraged as ways to help children know Jesus Christ. The importance of consistent, small efforts is highlighted.
These main points convey the significance of nurturing children’s relationship with Jesus Christ, building a strong foundation in Him, and the need for consistent, ongoing teaching and conversation about the Savior. The text encourages parents to embrace their role in helping children come to know Jesus Christ and trust that their efforts will make a lasting impact.