The story recited by Pres. Uchtdorf:
Will one of the nation’s greatest violinists be noticed in a D.C. Metro stop during rush hour? Joshua Bell experimented for Gene Weingarten’s story in The Washington Post: http://wpo.st/-vP (Video by John W. Poole)
As he concluded, Elder Uchtdorf requested attendees to do five things:
- Ask “Can I hear the music of the Spirit?”
- Believe – or desire to believe.
- Trust God and have a little patience with the process of spiritual maturity.
- Remember that following Christ will refine and develop you.
- Keep trying. Don’t ever give up.
Some memorable quotes:
“Please know that the Savior’s love for you is greater than any of your mistakes.”
“My dear friends, open your hearts, minds and souls to hear the wondrous music of the Spirit, and you will surely rejoice in God’s goodness and grace.”
Subscribe to BYU Speeches for the latest videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgXb…
Read and listen to more BYU Speeches here:
Follow BYU Speeches:
© Brigham Young University. All rights reserved.