Read and Discuss
“And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.”
- What is the “pride cycle”?
- Why it is important to be humble instead of prideful?
- What are some of the ways we can choose to be humble?
- What does it mean to build your foundation upon the rock of Jesus Christ?
- What “tools” can we use to build our home and testimonies upon His rock?
“…If you make your home a house of prayer and fasting, faith, learning and glory, and order, it can become a house of God. If you build your homes on the foundation rock of Jesus Christ, our Redeemer and the gospel, they can be sanctuaries where your families can be sheltered from the raging storms of life.” Joseph B. Wirthlin