Many areas suffer from low water and drought conditions. Want to be a solution to the problem and not add to it?
There are many ways to save water and conserve this valuable resource.
By following these simple tips, you can make a difference in your water usage.
Here are 7 ways to save water:
1. Turn the tap off while brushing your teeth or shaving. You can save up to 8 gallons of water per day by doing this!
2. Don’t let the water run while washing your hands—turn it off while you lather up.
3. Take shorter showers, and install water-saving shower heads to reduce the amount of water used each time.
4. Collect rainwater in a rain barrel to use for watering plants later on.
5. Wash only full loads of laundry, and consider investing in an energy-efficient washing machine that uses less water per cycle.
6. When washing dishes by hand, don’t let the water run continuously – fill up one side of the sink for washing, and the other for rinsing.
7. Water your plants during the cooler hours of the day to reduce evaporation, and place a layer of mulch around them to further conserve moisture.
Taking these simple steps will help you save water – and money – each and every day!