JOIN VOCAL POINT’S VIRTUAL CHOIR/ORCHESTRA!!!
Whether you sing or play an instrument, Vocal Point needs your help performing “Nearer My God to Thee”!!
Composer/arranger James Stevens explains his idea for this inspiring project!
How it all works
Nearly 8,000 people from 130 countries around the world have downloaded the sheet music to James L. Stevens’ a cappella arrangement of “Nearer, My God, to Thee” from our website over the last four years, and over 26 million people have watched the BYU Vocal Point and BYU Men’s Chorus music video on YouTube. And now, we are inviting YOU to join BYU Vocal Point and the Lyceum Philharmonic in creating the first VIRTUAL worldwide choral and orchestral recording of this new edition*!
To be part of this global project, you will video record yourself performing your part, and then you will send us a link to your recording. We will then edit all of the videos together to create one epic music video! ***The DEADLINE for submissions is May 8, 2020.*** The final music video is currently slated to be premiered on YouTube on June 12, 2020.
Click on the appropriate link below for your instrument or voice part, and follow the instructions on how to RECORD and SUBMIT your video. If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com or call 1-801-422-8189.
- STRINGS: Violin 1, Violin 2, Viola 1, Viola 2, Violoncello, Contrabass
- BRASS: 1 Horn in F, 2 Horn in F, Trumpet in Bb, Trombone, Tuba
- WOODWINDS: Piccolo, Flute, Oboe, English Horn, Clarinet in Bb, Bassoon
- PERCUSSION: Timpani, Snare Drum, Bass Drum, Cymbals, Tam-tam
- CHOIR: Soprano, Alto, Tenor 1, Tenor 2, Baritone, Bass + Tenor Solo (by audition)
- See message above the Tenor Solo Guide Video for additional information about submitting a video as a soloist. The solo opportunity is open to men and women.
* For conductors: If you are interested in obtaining sheet music for a performance of this new choir and orchestra edition by your choir and orchestra at a later date, please complete the following score request form: https://forms.gle/x1dgbWgVcpFDm8jFA.