Read and Discuss
“And behold, he said unto them: Behold, I give unto you a sign; for five years more cometh, and behold, then cometh the Son of God to redeem all those who shall believe on his name.”
- What messages did Samuel bring to the Nephites?
- Do modern-day prophets continue to testify of Jesus Christ, as ancient prophets did? (Yes.)
- What are the believers called? (Christians.)
- What signs has the Lord given us to help us believe in Him?
- What can we do to show we are faithful Christians as we wait and watch for the signs of the Second Coming of Jesus Christ?
“In those days as in ours, some naysayers, called anti-Christs, convinced others that there was no need for a Savior and His Atonement. When Samuel’s prophecy was finally fulfilled and there was a ‘day and a night and a day, as if it were one day,’ (Helaman 14:4) what joy must have filled the hearts of those who had believed in the prophets! …Those who believed on the words of the prophets recognized the Savior throughout His life and ministry and were blessed to follow Him.” Robert D. Hales