No, this isn’t the technical details of how to make your browser faster. There’s a very easy way to do that: install and use Google Chrome, if you don’t already. It’s how to give yourself a great General Conference experience, by tweaking Chrome.
Install a General Conference or LDS Theme
To make your browser Conference or LDS themed, just use one of these excellent themes we’ve already created:
The image for this one comes from the excellent Luke Hansen:
Create Your Own LDS Theme
Would you prefer a specific Apostle? Perhaps a Temple, or maybe Captain Moroni? Well, you can easily create your own theme for Google Chrome using My Chrome Theme app from Google. Just install the app, then let it take you through the easy 3 step process of adding an image, selecting colors, and finally titling your theme. Then share your themes with everyone in the comments on this article.
You can also install some cool extensions and apps to enhance your conference experience:
- Show JST translations on scriptures.lds.org (previous MLH article)
- Get quick access to scriptures.lds.org (Chrome app)
- Hide the share bar in LDS Gospel Library so it doesn’t get in the way (extension)
- Twitter Refresh will help you keep the #ldsconf window current
- My Hangouts will let you quickly see what people in your circles are hanging out, so you can join them to talk about General Conference.
Support MLH with a small donation
Donations help keep MLH going. Enough for a frosted-lemonade (Chick-fil-A) or two, is a big help. Move the slider to select the number of lemonades you'd like to buy us, then click the shopping cart to donate. Huge thanks!
Latest posts by Tevya Washburn (see all)
- 7 Free Resources for Studying or Teaching the Book of Mormon - 17 January 2016
- 6 Life Principles I Learned from Bronco Mendenhall’s VA Press Conference - 7 December 2015
- Free ‘Family Proclamation’ Wall Art, for the 20th Anniversary - 23 September 2015