We’re giving away over $800 in free prizes! All you have to do is link to this post in your facebook status and/or a tweet, then leave a comment! Since it coincides with the the first-ever RootsTech Conference, we’re giving away awesome genealogy tools, as well as online family communication hosting, websites, and more!
Click each to get more information from the respective website (opens in a new tab):
- RootsMagic 4 Desktop Software – some of the best desktop software for compiling your family tree (value: $29.95)
- FiddlerStudios family website – super easy, but powerful communication website for your family to grow closer, in spite of the distance (value: $90 – $270)
- RelatedFamilies domain & website hosting – awesome hosing for your family website, wiki, blog, or online family tree (free for 6 months – value: $59.70)
- TNG 8 online family tree – software to install on a host, like RelatedFamilies, that lets you and others, build and share an online family tree (value: $29.99)
1st Place – value: $389.64
The ultimate family history research & collaboration solution: Related Families hosting + TNG + RootsMagic 4 + a FiddlerStudios family website (9 months free).
2nd Place – value: $269.65
Related Families hosting + Roots Magic 4 + a FiddlerStudios family website (6 months free).
3rd Place – value: $149.70
Related Families hosting + a FiddlerStudios family website (3 months free).
How to Enter
You can enter 2 ways. This also means you can enter twice to increase your chances of winning:
- ‘Like’ us on Facebook (in the right-sidebar, or on the left sidebar of our Facebook page), and share this giveaway as your status (copy/paste this link: http://mormonlifehacker.com/?p=1134) with a status that encourages people to join the giveaway, like “checkout the giveaway on this awesome website I follow” or “this cool website I follow has a drawing for some great family and genealogy tools.” Then set the status privacy to “Everyone” as shown in the image below.
- Follow us on twitter (@ldslifehacker), then tweet about this giveaway, using the same link and style of message, as in #1.
- Once you’ve done either, or both, comment below with either “1”, “2” or “1 & 2.” And tell us how you’ll use the prizes!
If you’re already following us on either Facebook or Twitter, just skip the like/follow part and do the status/tweet.
If you put 1 & 2, you’ll have 2 chances to win. All entries (including the comment) are due by midnight on Wed. Feb. 16th. Winners will be announced the following Mon. MLH authors and their immediate family members cannot enter the drawing, guest authors can.
Another Chance to Win a Family Site or DIY
I’m co-presenting at RootsTech with Penney Devy who is a Manager of tools and technology at FamilySearch. If you attend RootsTech, and come to our presentation (3pm on Thurs, class TU041, room 355A), I’ll tell you how to enter a separate drawing for 6-months free of a FiddlerStudios family website, plus how to build your own family communication site, just like the ones that FiddlerStudios (my company) offers. If you can’t make it to RootsTech, don’t worry, I’ll post the material from my presentation on MLH, so you can still build your own super-powered family communication website.
A very special thanks to the companies and individuals who are contributing the prizes!
Support MLH with a small donation
Donations help keep MLH going. Enough for a frosted-lemonade (Chick-fil-A) or two, is a big help. Move the slider to select the number of lemonades you'd like to buy us, then click the shopping cart to donate. Huge thanks!
Latest posts by Tevya Washburn (see all)
- 7 Free Resources for Studying or Teaching the Book of Mormon - 17 January 2016
- 6 Life Principles I Learned from Bronco Mendenhall’s VA Press Conference - 7 December 2015
- Free ‘Family Proclamation’ Wall Art, for the 20th Anniversary - 23 September 2015