I’m writing this post directly to my family. But I like you readers so much I wanted to share it with you too. : )
Guys, I want you to join me in a brand new family tradition. It’s called The 12 Days of Christ.
It’s fairly simple. Each day for 12 days leading up to Christmas, we’ll have one person share a scripture/story/testimony about Christ. These will help us to focus on the real purpose of Christmas.
So, for example, when it’s Trav’s turn, he could
- talk about why he really likes that certain picture of Christ walking on the water, or
- tell the story about Muhammad and the 3-foot poster of Christ in his missionary apartment, or
- explain what’s so cool about Reverently and Meekly Now being written in first person, or
- retell one of his favorite stories from the scriptures that tell about Christ’s actual life.
And it just so happens that with two in-laws and two padres we have 12 people!
Now, a couple of logistics: Tev and Jill might not be home anytime near Christmas, so we’ll have them do their two days over Google Hangout (which you can do even from a phone)—and we’ll try to broadcast the other days to them if they want in. Bobbie and David will be gone sometime close to Christmas, so we’ll have them go near the beginning.
I invite you to do the same with your family. Who’s in?
Support MLH with a small donation
Donations help keep MLH going. Enough for a frosted-lemonade (Chick-fil-A) or two, is a big help. Move the slider to select the number of lemonades you'd like to buy us, then click the shopping cart to donate. Huge thanks!
Latest posts by J Washburn (see all)
- Why I Don’t Read the News - 11 November 2015
- DEAR JEFF: Straightforward LDS Temple Prep (99¢ SALE and a FREE PRINT) - 1 April 2014
- Easy and FREE Family Internet Filter (for PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPad, and everything else) - 30 January 2014